Jack Nicklaus, the man with 18 career major championships on the PGA Tour and presumably the greatest golfer of all time, calls Columbus, Ohio his home. The Golden Bear grew up in Upper Arlington, attending college at Ohio State University and built one of the most famous courses in the country, Muirfield Village, in Dublin, Ohio.
With the cold and grey winter weather, Columbus may not initially catch the eye as a golfing hotbed in America. However, the capital city of the Buckeye state boasts some top-notch courses that have magazines such as Golf Digest raving. Having the world’s greatest golfer, Jack Nicklaus, attest to the city’s superior courses doesn’t hurt either, of course!
The Schottenstein Real Estate Group, a leader in the real estate industry, has apartment, condominium and multi-purpose living facilities located throughout Central Ohio. Numerous SRE Group communities are located right near some of the city’s best courses, which has turned SRE Group associates and residents into big fans of the sport!
Below is a list of the top ten private golf courses throughout Columbus. If you have the opportunity, be sure to play one of these courses this summer or be a spectator at the course that Jack built, at the 2012 Memorial Tournament!
1. Muirfield Village – Dublin, Ohio
2. Scioto – Columbus, Ohio
3. The Golf Club – New Albany, Ohio
4. Double Eagle – Galena, Ohio
5. Columbus Country Club – Columbus, Ohio
6. Brookside – Worthington, Ohio
7. Ohio State University Golf Club – Scarlet Course – Columbus, Ohio
8. Pinnacle Golf Club – Grove City, Ohio
9. Tartan Fields – Dublin, Ohio
10. Jefferson Country Club – Blacklick, Ohio